Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 5:57 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So what we really want here, I guess, is for the test script to suppress
> reading of ~/.inputrc, on the same principle that it suppresses reading
> of ~/.psqlrc.

That was what I thought of, too.

> A quick look at the readline docs suggests that the
> best way to do that would be to set envar INPUTRC to /dev/null --- could
> you confirm that that works for you?

Yes -- "export INPUTRC=/dev/null" also makes it work for me (on HEAD +
HEAD-unset-TERM-in-tab-completion-test.patch, but with my
original/problematic ~/.inputrc).

--
Peter Geoghegan