Re: DBT-5 Stored Procedure Development (2022) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: DBT-5 Stored Procedure Development (2022)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 11:02 AM Mahesh Gouru <mahesh.gouru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please review the attached for my jerry-rigged project proposal. I am seeking to continually refactor the proposal as
Ican!

I for one see a lot of value in this proposal. I think it would be
great to revive DBT-5, since TPC-E has a number of interesting
bottlenecks that we'd likely learn something from. It's particularly
good at stressing concurrency control, which TPC-C really doesn't do.
It's also a lot easier to run smaller benchmarks that don't require
lots of storage space, but are nevertheless correct according to the
spec.

--
Peter Geoghegan