Re: BUG #18490: Assert in comparetup_index_btree_tiebreak() fails when pg_class reindexed during a table creation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #18490: Assert in comparetup_index_btree_tiebreak() fails when pg_class reindexed during a table creation
Date
In response to BUG #18490: Assert in comparetup_index_btree_tiebreak() fails when pg_class reindexed during a table creation  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Jun 2, 2024 at 10:57 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> With debug logging added, I confirmed that on a higher lever, inside
> btbuild(), buildstate.spool->sortstate->memtuples really contains two
> tuples pointing to blkno 0, offset 3 after the _bt_spools_heapscan() call.
>
> Reproduced on REL_10_STABLE .. master.

This is a known issue:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2-WzkjjCoq5Y4LeeHJcjYJVxGm3M3SAWZ0%3D6J8K1FPSC9K0w%40mail.gmail.com

(We really should have a bug tracker to track older known bugs such as this.)

--
Peter Geoghegan