Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 3:20 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> WFM.

Okay, pushed a minimally invasive commit to fix the inconsistencies in
pg_dump related code just now. That's the last of them. Now the only
remaining clang-tidy warnings about inconsistent parameter names are
those that seem practically impossible to fix (these are mostly just
cases involving flex/bison).

It still seems like a good idea to formally create a new coding
standard around C function parameter names. We really need a simple
clang-tidy workflow to be able to do that. I'll try to get to that
soon. Part of the difficulty there will be finding a way to ignore the
warnings that we really can't do anything about.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan