Re: Making autovacuum logs indicate if insert-based threshold was the triggering condition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Making autovacuum logs indicate if insert-based threshold was the triggering condition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 6, 2022 at 1:03 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Attached patch teaches autovacuum.c to pass the information down to
> lazyvacuum.c, which includes the information in the autovacuum log.
> The approach I've taken is very similar to the existing approach with
> anti-wraparound autovacuum. It's pretty straightforward.

I have formally withdrawn this patch. I still think it's a good idea,
and I'm not abandoning the idea. The patch has just been superseded by
another patch of mine:

https://postgr.es/m/CAH2-Wz=hj-RCr6fOj_L3_0J1Ws8fOoxTQLmtM57gPc19beZz=Q@mail.gmail.com

This other patch has a much broader goal: it decouples
"antiwraparound-ness vs regular-ness" from the criteria that triggered
autovacuum (which includes a "table age" trigger criteria). Since the
other patch has to invent the whole concept of an autovacuum trigger
criteria (which it reports on via a line in autovacuum server log
reports), it seemed best to do everything together.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan