Re: Index corruption / planner issue with one table in my pg 11.6 instance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Index corruption / planner issue with one table in my pg 11.6 instance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 6:33 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Something new as of 11 is that btree indexes can be built in parallel,
> and before releasing it we found some bugs with covering indexes.
> Perhaps we have an issue hidden behind one of these, but hard to be
> sure.

I doubt it.

Jeremy did not report queries that give wrong answers. He only said
that the optimizer refused to use one particular index, before a
VACUUM FULL seemingly corrected the problem. OTOH, Jeremy did report
using contrib/amcheck on the index, which didn't complain. (Note also
that the amcheck functions will throw an error with an !indisvalid

Peter Geoghegan