Re: BUG #15217: Valgrind - writing uninitialised byte(s) in FileWrite - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #15217: Valgrind - writing uninitialised byte(s) in FileWrite
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 9:02 PM, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Is this something that needs further investigation (and fix) or it just
> looks like a false positive (and should be added to valgrind.supp)?

This looks like the same harmless warning that we suppressed for
parallel sort in Postgres 11 (see commits 9fafa413ac6 and
de6428afe13). This happens to be a serial sort in Postgres 10, but the
fact that it's still possible there isn't surprising.

What's your work_mem setting? Can you show EXPLAIN ANALYZE output for the query?

--
Peter Geoghegan