Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: reporting TID/table with corruption error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 10:49 AM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> There was some disagreement during the development of verify_heapam on this point.  We went with the idea that the
usercould find and inspect the corrupt data with another tool if they had the (blockno, offnum, attnum) information.
Assuch, it wasn't necessary to include all the data in the output.

I find that kind of dubious. By definition you're never supposed to
see any verify_heapam errors. If you do end up seeing one, it
should be exceptional -- something that you'll learn from. High
verbosity makes a lot of sense here.

--
Peter Geoghegan