Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 4:14 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Um, well, that's the same behavior you were seeing before.
> So the terminfo reinstall didn't really do anything.

Sigh.

> I'm still curious about which terminfo file your psql actually
> reads if TERM is unset, and whether that file is visibly
> different from the xterm-related files.

I've found the actual problem -- it's my ~/.inputrc. Which is read in by
libreadline at some point (determined this using ltrace).

Once I comment out the following two lines from ~/.inputrc, everything
works fine on
HEAD + HEAD-unset-TERM-in-tab-completion-test.patch:

set colored-completion-prefix on
set colored-stats on

--
Peter Geoghegan