Re: New IndexAM API controlling index vacuum strategies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: New IndexAM API controlling index vacuum strategies
Date
Re: New IndexAM API controlling index vacuum strategies  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 5:09 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Oh yeah. "static BufferAccessStrategy vac_strategy" is guaranteed to
> be initialized to 0, simply because it's static and global. That
> explains it.

So do we need to allocate a strategy in workers now, or leave things
as they are/were?

I'm going to go ahead with pushing my commit to do that now, just to
get the buildfarm green. It's still a bug in Postgres 13, albeit a
less serious one than I first suspected.

--
Peter Geoghegan