Re: Pass heaprel to GlobalVisTestFor() in vacuumRedirectAndPlaceholder() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Pass heaprel to GlobalVisTestFor() in vacuumRedirectAndPlaceholder()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 10:18 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Making nbtree page deletion more efficient when logical decoding is in
> use seems well worthwhile. There is an "XXX" comment about this issue,
> similar to the SP-GiST one. It looks like you already have everything
> you need to make this work from yesterday's commit 61b313e47e.

Actually, I suppose that isn't quite true, since you'd still need to
find a way to pass the heap relation down to nbtree VACUUM. Say by
adding it to IndexVacuumInfo.

That doesn't seem hard at all. The hard part was passing the heap rel
down to _bt_getbuf(), which you've already taken care of.

--
Peter Geoghegan