Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Effective storage of duplicates in B-tree index. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Effective storage of duplicates in B-tree index.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 7:27 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I plan to commit this first patch [1] in the next day or two, barring
> any objections.

I pushed this earlier today -- it became commit 9f83468b. Attached is
v27, which fixes the bitrot against the master branch.

Other changes:

* Updated _bt_form_posting() to consistently MAXALIGN(). No behavioral
changes here. The defensive SHORTALIGN()s we had in v26 should have
been defensive MAXALIGN()s -- this has been fixed.  Also, we now also
explain our precise assumptions around alignment.

* Cleared up the situation around _bt_dedup_one_page()'s
responsibilities as far as LP_DEAD items go.

* Fixed bug in 32 KiB BLCKSZ builds. We now apply an additional
INDEX_SIZE_MASK cap on posting list tuple size.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment