Re: pgsql: Optimize btree insertions for common case of increasing values - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pgsql: Optimize btree insertions for common case of increasing values
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>>  Apart from that, other changes requested are included in the patch. This
>> also takes care of Heikki's observation regarding UNLOGGED tables on the
>> other thread.
>
> Cool.

BTW, Heikki's commit didn't remove the "no split is in progress" part
of the top comment. I think that you can remove that now, but leave in
the separate P_INCOMPLETE_SPLIT() assertion that you've proposed.

--
Peter Geoghegan