Re: buildfarm: could not read block 3 in file "base/16384/2662": readonly 0 of 8192 bytes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: buildfarm: could not read block 3 in file "base/16384/2662": readonly 0 of 8192 bytes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 10:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Typically not, but I don't think that we can rule it out right away.
>
> Hmmm ... maybe we should temporarily stick in an elog(LOG) showing whether
> a parallel build happened or not, so that we can check the buildfarm logs
> next time we see that failure?

I can do that tomorrow. Of course, it might be easier to just push the
pending fix for the mapped relation bug, and see if that makes the
issue go away. That would take longer, but it's also the only thing
that's likely to be definitive anyway.

If you want to go ahead with it yourself, I suggest modifying the
DEBUG1 elog()s within index_build() to be LOG elevel.

--
Peter Geoghegan