Re: BUG #15960: ON CONFLICT Trying accessing to variables - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #15960: ON CONFLICT Trying accessing to variables
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I'm not sure I quite buy that.  There is no actual ambiguity here.  I don't buy the variable referencing a constant -
that'dnot correctly work for subsequent uses of the statement if the variable differs - don't think we'd have replacing
etcset up. Nor do I think we would even evaluate The variable/param.

If we were going to fix this, then it would probably be because of the
issue around it working inconsistently when the variable differs over
multiple calls. That's something that we've heard about at least once
before. I'm not excited about fixing the ambiguity issue.

> Seems like it's more a question of preventing the hook from resolving things at that point?

I don't know.

--
Peter Geoghegan