Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: pgsql: Add basic TAP tests for psql's tab-completion logic.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 11:50 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So we're going to have to make some decisions about what range of
> libedit builds we want to cater for in the tab-completion tests.
> Given that the plan is to considerably increase the coverage of
> those tests, I'm hesitant to promise that we'll keep passing with
> anything that isn't explicitly tested in the buildfarm, or by active
> developers such as yourself.  Maybe that's fine given that end users
> probably don't run the TAP tests.

This sounds similar to "EXTRA_TESTS=collate.linux.utf8". I think that
it's fine to go that way, provided it isn't hard to work around.

FWIW, I find it very surprising that it was possible for the test to
fail on my workstation/server, without it failing on any buildfarm
animals.

--
Peter Geoghegan