Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Removing more vacuumlazy.c special cases, relfrozenxid optimizations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 7:37 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Yeah, a WARNING would be good here. I can write a new version of my
> patch series with a separation patch for that this evening. Actually,
> better make it a PANIC for now...

Attached is v14, which includes a new patch that PANICs like that in
vac_update_relstats() --- 0003.

This approach also covers manual VACUUMs, which isn't the case with
the failing assertion, which is in instrumentation code (actually
VACUUM VERBOSE might hit it).

I definitely think that something like this should be committed.
Silently ignoring system catalog corruption isn't okay.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment