Re: BUG #15460: Error while creating index or constraint - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: BUG #15460: Error while creating index or constraint
Date
RE: BUG #15460: Error while creating index or constraint  (Paul van der Linden <paul.vanderlinden@mapcreator.eu>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 12:45 PM Paul van der Linden
<paul.vanderlinden@mapcreator.eu> wrote:
> It happens with both unique and non-unique index.
> When I disable virusscanner I also get the error, but settin g the max_parallel_workers to 0 does let me create the

Thanks for trying that out. This confirms that parallel CREATE INDEX
is involved.

Is it possible for you to provide me with a dump of the data, or a
minimal test case? You can provided it to me off-list if that's
easier, possibly using Google drive or something. I realize that the
amount of data involved here isn't trivial, so this may be difficult.

I'm a little suspicious of the fact that your table is probably
aligned to certain boundaries, since it consists only of
integers/bigints. Maybe that's just a coincidence, though.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan