Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 6:32 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> The release notes are written for the _average_ reader.  The commits are
> there as comments and making them more visible would be a nice
> improvement.

I don't think that making it possible to read the release notes from
start to finish is a useful goal. Users probably just skim them. I
certainly don't read them from start to finish, nor do I expect to
understand every item.

> We have already adjusted the partition item, and the btree item.

I was making a general point. This comes up every year.

> If there is more detail people want, I suggest you post something to the
> hackers list and we will see if can be added in a consistent way.

I think that it should be discussed at the developer meeting.

--
Peter Geoghegan