Re: dll files missing in postgrsql bin folder in Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kalai R
Subject Re: dll files missing in postgrsql bin folder in Windows
Date
Re: dll files missing in postgrsql bin folder in Windows  (Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I find out the problem.
Windows has been restoring a checkpoint with those dll's not installed.

I don't know how to inatall dll.
Please help me to install those dll's in windows.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> wrote:
On 14 Oct 2011, at 12:25, Kalai R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing this strange problem where my postgres service couldn't start because of some missing dll files in installation directory's bin folder.
> I copied files from other machine and it start working again. After some time the same problem appeared again on system reboot.
> I have no idea what causes these files to be deleted automatically. Please help if anyone has faced this kind of situation.
>
> I' m using version 9.0 on Windows 7

Probably the same issue as in "[GENERAL] Tablespace files deleted during continuous run", or at least very similar in nature.

* Check that you don't have anti-virus software that (correctly or incorrectly) identified those dll's as infected with a virus and removed them.
* Check that your file-system is undamaged.
* Check that windows hasn't been restoring a checkpoint with those dll's not installed.

If the database wasn't installed on a local file-system, check that the remote file-system is functioning properly and doesn't cache an old state or something similarly silly.

Postgres doesn't remove any dll's, so it's some external factor at play here.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.