Streaming replication and pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ahappy postgresuser
Subject Streaming replication and pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a streaming replication slave, which I've setup for backup purposes only. After running pg_dump on it (took around 8 hours) I ended up with 64 ".ready" files in pg_xlog/archive_status.

These files have been there now for more than 24 hours.

These are some related configuration settings I modified, in order to be able to run pg_dump for such amount of time:

max_standby_archive_delay = 1h
max_standby_streaming_delay = 10h

I've been reading postgres documentation, but I still have not a clear understanding of what are the implication of these files being there, if they should be removed by postgres, or if something failed and I should redo the replication from scratch.

I'd appreciate any comment.

Many thanks.