Re: Using DSN Connection and knowing windows username - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Łukasz Jarych
Subject Re: Using DSN Connection and knowing windows username
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Guys,

the best option here i think is to:

1. Create users login in Access
2. Use DSN-less odbc connection.
3. When user is login to Access i am taking password and using it in postgresql BE.

Best,
Luke

Hmm one problem.

How to distinct value for specific user?
I created new table in postgresql and when user is login into system New value is added to field "System_user".
But how to show postgresql database that should use the specific value (for inputing data user, not for others?).

Best,
Luke

Thank you Adrian,

In the meantime just an idea, but could you capture the system user in a table in Access and use that to pass on to Postgres?

Brilliant ! simple and genious!

The purpose of it is to have history log table with DML and DDL changes using triggers.

Best,
Luke