[GENERAL] How to access a second database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sherman Willden
Subject [GENERAL] How to access a second database
Date
Re: [GENERAL] How to access a second database  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
I am trying to access a table from another database. I have the permissions to create under my own login. I have performed the following so far:
sherman@sql-dev: createdb sandbox01
sherman@sql-dev:~$ createdb sandbox02.
After logging into sandbox02 I performed the following: sandbox02=# CREATE TABLE last_names(last_name TEXT);
sandbox02=# INSERT INTO last_names VALUES(willden);

Now I think I want to use a foreign key in sandbox01. Is the following how it works after logging into sandbox01?

sandbox01=# CREATE TABLE first_and_last(first_name TEXT, last_name FOREIGN KEY last_name REFERENCES sandbox02(last_names(last_name))

and then sandbox01=# INSERT INTO first_and_last(sherman, willden);

Thank you;

Sherman