Re: broke postgres, how to fix?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From JD Wong
Subject Re: broke postgres, how to fix??
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian, yes I completely copied the config-file and data directories
over.

Lonnie, I don't remember.  I might not have shut down the "old" postgres,
yes I set PGDATA accordingly.

To sum things up, I created a situation where I would use the service to
start "old" postgres and pg_ctl to start the "new" one.

Thanks!
-JD