Re: avoid lock conflict between SELECT and TRUNCATE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sridhar N Bamandlapally
Subject Re: avoid lock conflict between SELECT and TRUNCATE
Date
List pgsql-general
as there is no option for incremental update/insert on user and renaming will have app query errors

I guess

1) creating temporary table (say temp_users) on table users with required data/columns-list and index on column user_id,
        ...this will be faster as there will be no joins with other tables

2) also need index on table auths_with_trans column user_id

3) replacing users with temp_users in BEGIN block

with this may reduce impact/dependency on regular crontab

Thanks
Sridhar BN