Re: [BUGS] Multi-Master Replication - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From bricklen
Subject Re: [BUGS] Multi-Master Replication
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 6:18 AM, Amol Dongare <damol222@gmail.com> wrote:

       I'm not able to find any documentations which will guide me How to setup Multi-master replication for postgresql 9.5.
      Another case, I have tried Master-Slave replication But when Master goes down due to Hardware failure here i'm not able to find any knowledge base which provides me how to make Slave database writable

Please provide me documentations for both scenarios

Your issues are not bugs. In the future, questions like these are probably best put to the pgsql-general or pgsql-novice lists.

1). Multi-master is not available in normal Postgresql. You would need to investigate something like BDR: https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/bdr/
2). The Postgresql docs are excellent, and contain what you seek. Section 25.2.2 at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/warm-standby.html talks about promoting the standby to the new master.