Re: [GENERAL] pg_xlog keeps growing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dhanuj hippie
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pg_xlog keeps growing
Date
List pgsql-general
Based on my config, what is the max size this directory is expected to grow ? And how can I check whether this recycle/removal is happening fine ?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 1:20 PM, dhanuj hippie <dhanuj.hippie@gmail.com> wrote:
> So does it work like - it can go upto 16MB*1024 times which is 16GB, and
> then this will be cleaned up automatically ?

On a standby each time a restart point is created the oldest segments
are either recycled or removed, wal_keep_segments retains more of
that. You can look at KeepLogSeg() in
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c if you want..
--
Michael