Re: [GENERAL] Build PostgreSQL With XML Support on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Osahon Oduware
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Build PostgreSQL With XML Support on Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your response. You made my day! Your thought in the 2nd paragraph of your response (the "make distclean" stuff) was the solution. It was an oversight on my part. Thanks once again.

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Osahon Oduware <osahon.gis@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for the response. Yes, I did all of that.

Well, better start double-checking, because it certainly appears that
the version of pg_config you're calling is not from a --with-libxml
build.

After thinking a bit, another possible way of messing this up would be
if you were working in a previously-used build tree, and simply did
a new configure run and then "make" without cleaning up the old build
products.  You might be able to get away with that if you'd used
--enable-depend, but without it you really need at least "make clean"
and preferably "make distclean" before reconfiguring.

                        regards, tom lane