Re: replication behind high lag - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AI Rumman
Subject Re: replication behind high lag
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have two 9.2 databases running with hot_standby replication. Today
>> > when I
>> > was checking, I found that replication has not been working since Mar
>> > 1st.
>> > There was a large database restored in master on that day and I believe
>> > after that the lag went higher.
>> >
>> > SELECT pg_xlog_location_diff(pg_current_xlog_location(), '0/0') AS
>> > offset
>> >
>> > 431326108320
>> >
>> > SELECT pg_xlog_location_diff(pg_last_xlog_receive_location(), '0/0') AS
>> > receive,       pg_xlog_location_diff(pg_last_xlog_replay_location(),
>> > '0/0')
>> > AS replay
>> >
>> >    receive    |    replay
>> > --------------+--------------
>> >  245987541312 | 245987534032
>> > (1 row)
>> >
>> > I checked the pg_xlog in both the server. In Slave the last xlog file
>> > -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 16777216 Mar  1 06:02
>> > 00000001000000390000007F
>> >
>> > In Master, the first xlog file is
>> > -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 16777216 Mar  1 04:45
>> > 00000001000000390000005E
>> >

>> > Is there any way I could sync the slave in quick process?
>>
>> generate a new base backup, and seed the slave with it.
>

> OK. I am getting these error in slave:
> LOG:  invalid contrecord length 284 in log file 57, segment 127, offset 0
>
> What is the actual reason?

Corruption?  What were you doing when you saw the error?

I did not have enough idea about these stuffs. I got the database now and saw the error.
Is there any way to recover from this state. The master database is a large database of 500 GB.