Re: Drop Default Privileges? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Victor Yegorov
Subject Re: Drop Default Privileges?
Date
List pgsql-general
вт, 19 июн. 2018 г. в 18:20, Louis Battuello <louis.battuello@etasseo.com>:
Is it possible to drop default privileges?

I’m attempting to run a pg_restore into an RDS instance, which doesn’t have a “postgres” user.

I encounter many messages like so:

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES...

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 10182; 826 253752252 DEFAULT ACL DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR TABLES postgres

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  role "postgres" does not exist

    Command was: ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES FOR ROLE postgres IN SCHEMA abc_schema REVOKE ALL ON TABLES  FROM PUBLIC;

I’d like to remove these default privileges on the source database to avoid this error message, but I can’t find the syntax in the documentation (or if it’s possible). I only see GRANT/REVOKE options.

If you see `ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES … REVOKE …` and want to undo it, you will have to GRANT corresponding privilege.

--
Victor Yegorov