Re: Index no longer being used, destroying and recreating it restores use. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Koen De Groote
Subject Re: Index no longer being used, destroying and recreating it restores use.
Date
List pgsql-general
Alright, I've done that, and that seems to be a very good result: https://explain.depesz.com/s/xIph

The method I ended up using:

create or replace function still_needs_backup(shouldbebackedup bool, backupperformed bool)
returns BOOLEAN as $$
   select $1 AND NOT $2;
$$
language sql immutable;

And the index is as suggested.

It seems the amount of rows we end up with has improved.

Thank you for your help. I wasn't aware functions could interact with indexes in such a manner.

Regards,
Koen De Groote