Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Koen De Groote
Subject Re: Upgrading from 11 to 13
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes that's it. Probably something to alert people to. If they have this set up, they can't "just to straight to 13".

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 1:32 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2021-Apr-02, Koen De Groote wrote:

> I seem to recall that going from 11 to 12, a certain configuration file was
> removed and the keys are now expected to be set in the regular
> configuration file? The logic being there should only ever be 1
> configuration file.
>
> I can't find it, but at the same time I don't recall what it's called. I
> believe it has to do with streaming replication?
>
> Is this a thing or am I imagining stuff?

recovery.conf to postgresql.conf?  Yes, you're right.  (There are more
reasons beyond "just one config file", though.)

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"Someone said that it is at least an order of magnitude more work to do