Re: Slow down the server artificially in order to reduce transactional memory activity - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Fernando Hevia
Subject Re: Slow down the server artificially in order to reduce transactional memory activity
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Rene Romero Benavides <rene.romero.b@gmail.com> wrote:
Scenario:
A database server living in a virtual machine. (KVM-RHEV)
The virtual machine cannot be migrated live to another host due to intensive memory writing as depicted here
http://pastebin.com/djj8q98j

Problem:
The database cannot be live-migrated

Is there anything I can do to slow down memory writing at the database level in order to accomplish live migration?

Wrong list. This is a pgAdmin specific list.

Though I guess a possibility would be to setup a connection pooler between your clients and Postgres and limit the number of concurrent connections to the database to a very small number. This would effectively serialize your operations, thereby reducing the activity on the VM.

Please don't follow up on this list. You can also try pgsql-es-ayuda@postgresql.org which is a general postgresql list in Spanish.

Cheers.