Re: Problems with ODBC connections - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sandeep Reddy
Subject Re: Problems with ODBC connections
Date
List pgsql-sql

Hi, The Error message is like this

"Could not connect to server; A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a periord......."
I have run postgres with option -i and changed the pg_hba.conf the IPv4 details to 0.0.0.0.0/0 to accept form all clients still facing the same issues.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sandeep.
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:05:07 am Sandeep Reddy wrote:
> Hi,
> I am completely new to postgres and I have some problems with ODBC
> connection.
> 1) I am running postgres server in Fedora Linux, and I am planning to
> connect server from windows client.
> 2) I have installed 64bit version of postgresql ODBC drivers
> 3) I am making sure that my postgres is running with -p <correct port> and
> -i option to accept remote connections.
>
> Still I am getting error saying Connection can not be established. Any
> quick pointers are highly appreciable.

The actual error message would be helpful:)?
A common reason for this is a firewall between the client and server that is
preventing connection to the  server port.
Another reason is a pg_hba.conf that has not been configured to allow connections
from the client.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com