Re: scale up (postgresql vs mssql) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Claudio Freire
Subject Re: scale up (postgresql vs mssql)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Steve Crawford
<scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:

> If they are permanent tables used for temporary storage then making them
> unlogged may be beneficial. But actual temporary tables *are* unlogged and
> attempting to create an unlogged temporary table will raise an error.

Interesting, yes, I was wondering why PG didn't make temp tables
unlogged by default.

Then, I guess, the docs[0] have to mention it. Especially due to the
error condition. Right?

[0] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-createtable.html