Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Claudio Freire
Subject Re: how to improve perf of 131MM row table?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM, AJ Weber <aweber@comcast.net> wrote:
> I noticed this too.  I am trying to find where the actual SQL is generated,
> and I am seeing if this is an artifact of Hibernate.
>
> Will test the same query without the quotes as you recommend.  (But I don't
> know where to fix that, if it is the actual issue, unfortunately.)

Last time I used Hibernate it was an ancient version, but that version
didn't handle bigint very well, IIRC.

What we did is write a customized dialect that did the proper handling
of it. I really can't remember the details, nor whether this still
applies to the latest version. But it's worth a look.