Re: Javascript translations - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Sarah McAlear
Subject Re: Javascript translations
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Good catch. We looked into this and it appears that the language interpretation that is defined in the babel.cfg only picks up one definition per file. Since we are in the process of moving things over to the new gettext() functionality, it looks like we will have to be more specific in the config file for now. Whichever path gets defined first is the interpreter that will be used for that file. We updated the config file and included dashboard.js and about.js more specifically. They are now being interpreted using Javascript. When we are done moving other files over we should be able to eliminate some of the configuration again. Here's a new patch that should fix this.

Thanks,
Matt & Sarah

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Sarah McAlear <smcalear@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Hackers,
> Sorry about that, we attached the wrong patch file. Attaching the correct
> one

It no longer errors, but it's still not working correctly - after
running an extract, there are no strings from about.js or dashboard.js
in the resulting template. I wonder if that's because they are still
templates (and thus use the Jinja2 extractor), but are using client
side translation?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com