Re: Commit ab596105b55 - BRIN minmax-multi indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rushabh Lathia
Subject Re: Commit ab596105b55 - BRIN minmax-multi indexes
Date
Re: Commit ab596105b55 - BRIN minmax-multi indexes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 7:49 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Rushabh Lathia <rushabh.lathia@gmail.com> writes:
> Commit mentioned in the $subject changed the FirstBootstrapObjectId
> (transam.h) from 12000 to 13000.  I was trying to understand the reason
> behind this change, but was not able to gather that information. Also didn't
> find anything in the commit message either.

As of right now, genbki.pl's OID counter reaches 12036, so it's
pretty clear that 12000 no longer works.  (I have this figure in
my head because I noted it while working on [1].)  13000 might
well be an excessive jump though.  Do you have a concrete problem
with it?

In EDB Advance Server, it has their own set of system objects.  Due
to mentioned commit (where it changes the FirstBootstrapObjectId to 13000),
now system objects exceeding the FirstNormalObjectId.

                        regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/3737988.1618451008@sss.pgh.pa.us

--
Rushabh Lathia