Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melih Mutlu
Subject Re: Allow logical replication to copy tables in binary format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>, 21 Mar 2023 Sal, 04:33 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
Here are my review comments for v18-0001

======
doc/src/sgml/logical-replication.sgml

1.
+   target table. However, logical replication in binary format is more
+   restrictive. See the <literal>binary</literal> option of
+   <link linkend="sql-createsubscription-binary"><command>CREATE
SUBSCRIPTION</command></link>
+   for details.
   </para>

Because you've changed the linkend to be the binary option, IMO now
the <link> part also needs to be modified. Otherwise, this page has
multiple "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION" links which jump to different places,
which just seems wrong to me.

Makes sense. I changed it as you suggested.

3.
I think there can only be 0 or 1 list element in 'options'.

So, why does the code here use lappend(options,...) instead of just
using list_make1(...)?

Changed it to list_make1.

Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>, 21 Mar 2023 Sal, 12:27 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
> Explaining the issue explicitly with a comment seems better to me than the trick of changing order of table creation just for some test cases.
> But I'm also ok with removing the use of disable_on_error if that's what you agree on.

Let's do that way for now.

Done.

Thanks,
--