Re: Flushing large data immediately in pqcomm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melih Mutlu
Subject Re: Flushing large data immediately in pqcomm
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 14:39 David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 at 12:46, Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did all of the above changes and it seems like those resolved the regression issue.

Thanks for adjusting the patch.   The numbers do look better, but on
looking at your test.sh script from [1], I see:

meson setup --buildtype debug -Dcassert=true
--prefix="$DESTDIR/usr/local/pgsql" $DESTDIR && \

can you confirm if the test was done in debug with casserts on?   If
so, it would be much better to have asserts off and have
-Dbuildtype=release.

Yes, previous numbers were with --buildtype debug -Dcassert=true. I can share new numbers with release build and asserts off soon.

Thanks,
Melih