pg_table_size errors "invalid name syntax" for table names containing spaces - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michel Helms
Subject pg_table_size errors "invalid name syntax" for table names containing spaces
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi

Sorry I am not used to mailing lists so please excuse me if I am not doing this correctly.

Also I am operating on PostgreSQL 13.2, so not the newest version, but I have no way to upgrade right now or to test on the most recent version and it should be really easy to test for anyone who has the recent version running.

Without further ado, this fails for me and I think it shouldn't:

CREATE TABLE "wei rd" (id SERIAL);
SELECT pg_table_size('wei rd');

So just creating a table containing spaces, the pg_table_size, also pg_total_relation_size and maybe other administrative functions fail with error message "invalid name syntax".

Thanks
Michel from TogetherDB