How to intelligently work with views that depend on other views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From W. Matthew Wilson
Subject How to intelligently work with views that depend on other views
Date
Re: How to intelligently work with views that depend on other views
List pgsql-general
I have a bunch of views, and some views use data from other views.

For example, view A might get used by view B and view B gets used by view C.

Several times now, as I got further into the project, I've changed how
I make some views and I've had to redefine not just that view, but all
the ones that depend on it.

This is getting frustrating!  When I want to change how I make view A,
I have to drop view A cascade, and then view B and view C are dropped.

Then I have to remember to re-create B and C after I rewrite A.

There's likely a better solution...

What is it?

GO POSTGRESQL!

--