Re: Confusing bit in the "EXAMPLES" section for INSERT - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: Confusing bit in the "EXAMPLES" section for INSERT
Date
List pgsql-docs
Seeing that an earlier, related passage in the text reads:

> Note that the effects of all per-row BEFORE INSERT triggers are reflected in excluded values, ...

I update my suggestion to use the same expression:

Insert a distributor, or do nothing if the proposed row conflicts with an existing row. Per-row BEFORE INSERT triggers are fired, and possible effects on the proposed row applied, before checking for conflicts. Example assumes a unique index on the did column exists:

Regards
Erwin