Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jelte Fennema-Nio
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 25 Jun 2024 at 07:00, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd just like to add that that one original query assumes several "remote"
> queries (see the attached excerpt from postmaster.log with verbose logging
> enabled).

Nice catch! All those EXPLAIN queries are definitely not intentional,
and likely to greatly increase the likelihood of this flakiness.

Attached is a patch that fixes that by moving the test before enabling
use_remote_estimate on any of the foreign tables, as well as
increasing the statement_timeout to 100ms.

My expectation is that that should remove all failure cases. If it
doesn't, I think our best bet is removing the test again.

Attachment