Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jelte Fennema-Nio
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
Date
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 at 13:11, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I wonder, would it make sense to put all these new functions in a
> separate file fe-cancel.c?

Okay I tried doing that. I think the end result is indeed quite nice,
having all the cancellation related functions together in a file. But
it did require making a bunch of static functions in fe-connect
extern, and adding them to libpq-int.h. On one hand that seems fine to
me, on the other maybe that indicates that this cancellation logic
makes sense to be in the same file as the other connection functions
(in a sense, connecting is all that a cancel request does).

Attachment