Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jelte Fennema
Subject Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 at 17:16, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think we could go ahead and commit the perltidyrc and README changes
> now.  But the ensuing reformatting should happen as part of the mass
> pgindent run, probably next month sometime.

I think it's better to make the changes close together, not with a
month in between. Otherwise no-one will be able to run perltidy on
their patches, because the config and the files are even more out of
sync than they are now. So I'd propose to commit the perltidyrc
changes right before the pgindent run.