Re: The tables partitioning affects the indexes? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Shreeyansh dba
Subject Re: The tables partitioning affects the indexes?
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 2:50 AM, DrakoRod <drakoflames@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody!

I have a huge table that we need partitioning, partitioning rule is a
attribute date every 4 months.

My Master table have a many indexes. I need create indexes (with the same
indexes the master table) in the inherits tables? or this no affects
functionality of the indexes?

Best regards.

Thanks!

I think there is no need of index on master table however master table does not contain any record in it.

For better performance create index on child tables as they were on master table.

Best Regards.

Venkataramana Aitla