Re: How to revoke "Create Privilege" from a readonly user in postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Shreeyansh Dba
Subject Re: How to revoke "Create Privilege" from a readonly user in postgres?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Pavan,

Go through this link. hope this will help you.

http://vibhork.blogspot.com/2012/03/read-only-userread-only-databaseread.html

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 5:43 PM pavan95 <pavan.postgresdba@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I want to know if there is anyway to disallow a user from creating his own
tables.
He should be only provided with the "SELECT" access apart from that no other
access should be available with him.

I have created a user "readonly" with no other privilege other select on
database "abc". But when I tried to connect as "readonly" he is given with
"SELECT" privilege but the problem here is he was also be able to create his
own tables in the database.

How this can be stopped? Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Pavan

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html