Re: How to change to Linux from windows when the db has a big size - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Shreeyansh dba
Subject Re: How to change to Linux from windows when the db has a big size
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 7:31 AM, 张得群 <184062459@qq.com> wrote:
Hello,I have a database on Windows 7 ,Postgresql 9.3,its size is about more than 1T,now I want to transfer the platform to Linux ,are there any good ways to do it? The pg_dump command is too slow ,what I want is that can I just connect my hd to linux and set some configures about postgresql?Thank you !

Hi,

Though pg_dump is a better option, but as your database size very large it requires more downtime which results performance of pg_dump slow. Slony replication is the best option for performing large database upgrades which results in less downtime as you are moving out of Windows to Linux.

Hope this will solve your issue.

--
Thanks & Regards
Venkataramana Aitla