Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Shutyaev
Subject Re: pg_upgrade and wraparound
Date
List pgsql-general
>>  Is this the regular Postgres log or the pg_upgrade log which should be something like pg_upgrade_server.log?

This is the pg_upgrade_dump_16400.log.

>>  How did you get into the 10 cluster to report on the database OID's and names?

After the pg_upgrade failed I was able to start both clusters, so I connected to the new 10.4 cluster and ran the query.

>>  Which database has the large objects?

bof (OID=16400). It is also effectively the only database that matters here. The other one - sslentry only contains a couple of tables and a dozen of records.

>>  Did you check this view to confirm?

Yes, I did:

select * from pg_prepared_xacts;
 transaction | gid | prepared | owner | database
(0 rows)